Auricular therapy is one of the most important components of traditional Chinese acupuncture. It is a specialized form where the auricle (ear) is used to stimulate various organs and meridians in the body. The ear represents a fetus in the womb but in an inverted position. It is a microcosm of the macrocosm: the ear represents the entire body.
“Local Accupunture Service“ specializes in Auricular therapy where ear acupuncture points may be stimulated for a longer period of time by using ear seeds or ear tacks.
The Vaccaria plant seeds are held in place on the ear with a small piece of adhesive tape. Ear seeds may be left in the ear for a few days or up to two weeks. Ear tacks are very small needles with an adhesive backing. Ear tacks are inserted into the ear and left in the ear for a few days or sometimes up to one week.
Auricular therapy is widely used for many conditions, including addiction treatment, mood disorders, obesity, pain, and other conditions. This medical system emphasizes a holistic approach to medicine, an approach that treats the person as a whole. The acupuncture points found on the ear help regulate the body’s internal organs, structures, and functions.
The acupuncture points found on the ear help regulate the bodys internal organs, structures, and functions. Reflex points are both diagnostic and therapeutic.
Advantages of Auricular therapy:
- Acupuncture addresses physical and mental health conditions simultaneously.
- Immediate effects include a sense of well-being and relaxation, reduced anxiety, depression, and improved sleep.
- General improvements in health make it easier for patients to receive other services.
- Effects are immediate, but can also be long lasting.
- There are almost no side effects or contraindications. It is non-addictive.
- Cost effective
It is particularly effective for relief and management of conditions such as:
- Neurological and Muscular Pain
- Migraines, Allergies
- Stress, Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Irritable bowel, Constipation, Irritable Bladder
A trained practitioner from ““Local Accupunture Service“” can address most patient concerns by working with the ear alone.
Based on its efficiency, convenience, and profound results, auricular acupuncture is widely used in community settings such as offices, schools and community centers. Call us today at (561) 123-1234 for more information or to book an appointment.